Nobody wants to spend $100 or more for a textbook, use it for a semester, then sell back for only $12 or less. The following is a collection of ways to beat the expensive Textbook system:
Use Free eTextbooks
Nothing can beat free, the following list includes some of the most popular sources of textbooks:
1. Check www.books.google.com which includes many eTextbooks
2. Check Project Gutenberg www.gutenberg.org which includes many books with expired copy rights
3. Access Open Source Textbooks from www.flatworldknowledge.com
4. Download from www.ManyBooks.net to your Kindle or iPhone
Buy Cheaper eTextbooks
1. eBooks cost you half or print versions. Buy a Kindle for only $139 or iPad for $573, then enjoy eTextbooks from their libraries.
2. Check out www.CourseSmart.com which includes many eBooks that you can draw underlines, take notes, or print out to read (max 10 page per print).